Collab.SaM (pronounced collab dot sam) is a utility offered by the Center for Simulation and Modeling at the University of Pittsburgh. The goal of Collab.SaM is to encourage and enhance collaboration among Pitt researchers by providing a seamless and user-friendly platform for project management/software development related to simulation and modeling and high performance computing. Further, it provides an interface for users to leverage the expertise of the SaM consultants for domain specific problems.
For each project, Collab.SaM offers:
- an enhanced wiki system
- an issue, bug tracking and ticketing system
- version control via a private subversion or git repository
- a source code browser with syntax highlighting
- milestone administration for achieving goals
- a timeline showing all current and past events in the project's development
- a forum for topics of discussion
- seamless linking and referencing among all of the above
Additionally, each project features fine-grained user permissions: Project administrators can control read/write access to every aspect of the web interface, and more importantly to code repositories.
To get started please log in and create a new ticket over at Core.SaM. Please include the following information:
- In the subject field please say 'Request for a new Collab.SaM project'
In the body of the ticket please include:
- Your Pitt ID
- A name for your new project
- A short description of your project
- Specify whether or not you want a svn or git repository
Don't have an account on Core.SaM? Then request one here.